- "Don’t give me that sanctimonious “holier than thou” b.s. rhetoric concerning Godwin’s law. It was your side, the AGW fanatics, that came up with the phrase “climate change deniers”. The use of Holocaust terminology drew the ire of Roger Pielke, Jr. of the University of Colorado’s Center for Science and Technology Policy Research:
- “The phrase ‘climate change denier’ is meant to be evocative of the phrase ‘holocaust denier,’” Pielke, Jr. wrote on October 9, 2006. “Let’s be blunt. This allusion is an affront to those who suffered and died in the Holocaust. This allusion has no place in the discourse on climate change. I say this as someone fully convinced of a significant human role in the behavior of the climate system,” Pielke, Jr. explained.
- The AGW fanatics also have suggested Nuremberg type trials for “climate change deniers”:
- “The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to “Holocaust Deniers” and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.”
In addition, Cullen’s December 17, 2006 episode of “The Climate Code” TV show, featured a columnist who openly called for Nuremberg-style Trials for climate skeptics. Cullen featured Grist Magazine’s Dave Roberts as an eco-expert opining on energy issues, with no mention of his public call to institute what amounts to the death penalty for scientists who express skepticism about global warming.
- Your side is all about suppression of free thought, and suppression of scientific dissent. The beauty of science is that no issue is ever “settled”, that no question is beyond being more fully understood, that no conclusion is immune to further experimentation. And yet the AGW fanatics say emphatically “case closed” on all issues related to climate change.’
- And now Gore is now equating climate change skepticism to racism.
.. So the comparison of AGW fanatics to a type of fascism is warranted.
- So just WHO is guilty of the “nasty” names business? That would be YOU and your ilk.
another commenter :
- "What do we do about it? You “Chicken Little” science “Lite” types run around and claim the sky is falling and we’re all gonna die!
- And you come up with these massively stupid schemes like carbon trading and taxing cow farts, etc. that will do NOTHING to affect the climate.
- I will NOT submit to your goose stepping, fear mongering, jack booted, fascist, statist, eco-Nazi propaganda. And you have the nerve to use the term “denier”?"