- There was a documentary about businesses being damaged by Trip Advisor here but instead of talking about complex issues they decided to take the easy option a reality personality angle -- focusing on eccentric business owners who cry if criticised etc. and eccentric OCD reviewers who go on weekend trip only to write nitpicking reviews.
- Channel 4 has 2 modes : 1. professional crafted programme making
2. professional crafted programme making with reality personality crap
- "Lets make a prog about the world of TA
how it all works and other things like fake reviews posted by owners/competitors/paid_reviewers etc, how it keeps hotels on their toes, but doesn't cover many hotels how 5% of guest cause 90% of the trouble. ..
Na, that'll be complex and a bit difficult legally, lets do a reality personality angle instead."
- That's why they ended up with a simple black and white TV world prog about 1% corner of the TA world.
- I think this was quite a sad programme as it exploited poor people on both sides who were unaware they live in a strange bubble and then video edited to make good telly and make them appear more like nutters ..In the style of you've been framed
- In the same way a customer should explain problems to the owners straight away the producers should have a moral responsibility look "your'e coming across as a bit of a nutter, and that's not fair on your children you and your children etc .".. of course too much to ask.
- The reality TV angle of building personalities for viewers to hook into distracted away from the real issues, so I guess the owners of TA must be pretty happy with this show. Now the debate has quietly closed down.. no ones going to make another doco it's been dealt with.
- Wasn't that what the tabloids used to do ..pretend to tackle a complex issue then pick on a few people, mock them and move on. Come on Channel 4 you can do better than this.
- to construct is hard work, to destruct by review or TV prog is considerably easier..fact of life
- being able to accept criticism is a skill in the hospitality industry
- If the owners Quality Assurance worked then there would only be nitpick complaints, They didn't realise you can't see the trees when you're in the forest. Don't do your own QA. They should recipricate with another owner and do a nitpicking review of his property. That way complaints would be ironed out instead of using customers as guinea pigs.
- people dont have time to read all and the top and bottom headline are shown first, I think that why those sensitive owners seemed overconcerned,
- Reviewers have the right to free speech, but if it is untrue is it vandalism of someone's business ?
- Idea : Problemguest advisor ..ah I see http://www.guestscan.co.uk has it coverered
- a review from someone with no review history can be suspicious
- TA do enable the customer to find hotels for free and make a booking without paying a commission to middle men, being just financed by screen adverts ..that counts for a lot when other companies on the net are trying every SEO trick to get themselves between the customer and hotel and get a commission off both
- I have tried places with bad reviews and found owners keen to please, and also found places with good reviews complacent.
- The experience can different depending on the individual through all kinds of prejudices like whether you a woman or a man etc.
-like most internet stuff it's full of annoying people who hide behind multiple accounts.
- It's a deceptive world- In reviews, Watching TV, being on TV and in life in general don't take things at face value
- on ITVtonight those F-in rioters destoyed businesses & homes of 100 families God what-if was their families ..actions hv consequences #UKRiots
- after 9/11 you don't fk with terrorists after #ukriots we shouldn't fk with face mask wearers, tazer & snatch
in future #ukriots will the ethnic minorities complain if police tazer & snatch mask wearers ?
next #ukriots surely public expects police to tazer
- The ITV Tonightprog put crying in perspective we saw how UKriots destoyed peples businesses & homes of 100 families.
- Hospitality people ask yourself what kind of people you would employ ?
- On a trial day I would nit pick and moan like hell and then say "sorry I was only testing, good to see see you can put up with customers, welcome to your new job
- you can't run a business to please 100% 95 % is OK , you can waste hours chasing that last 5% and that's not fair on the rest