- Checking future festivals ..some festival schedules have come in : Freethinking, Manchester, Norwich Fringe, Cambridge Ideas etc.
I list highlights on the 697a and climate events on 697b
BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival 2013 - 25th – 27th October 2013
The programme is out. But not much interesting to me.. So I won't be going.
- 4-20 October Ilkley Literature Festival - I won't be going . I would only be able to see any events if I lived in Bradford ..cos the interesting ones come up days apart & are on late at night after 9pm.
- Manchester Science Festival Thursday, 24 Oct- 3 November, 2013 Again the schedule doesn't work well for me ..dates either spread out or coinciding . If I went on Oct 31st I could see 3 events but event then they are spread apart
- Cambridge Festival of Ideas Wed 23 October - Sun 3 November : Saturday 26th I could see 5-6 events, Wed 30-31st I could see 4-5 events
- Cambridge fest has 5 poss events on Saturday 26 October.
- Both Manchester and Cambridge suffere from bad scheduling .. no events then 3 at the same time ..if one lived in the towns then one could see 2-3 events a week ..but one can't binge like at conventional festivals
- from 2012 spencer Kelly Saturday 27 October 3:30PM - 5:00PM
Are we being sold online?
- The thing is the transport from this village is so bad I can only go any of these festivals if there are lots of events one after another & a free place to stay or if I am stopping off on the way to an airport etc. All too often 2-3 events are running at same time.
- Heck i just put all the events in Works Calendar, but then to export into Google Calendar is tough cos Google demands a strict format
- talks at Battle of Ideas 2013 19 & 20 October London
80 Talks but you can only see 11 max (cos 8 at same time)
..There are only 4 I am interested in so I am not going to be paying the £100 to go