KL Events : updated 30 June 2008
- JULY IT's klfestival.org.my/ - mostly Malay events but some in other languages PDF lists 61 events
- The bar made of ice @The Sanctuary at the Curve , with ice sofas .. sounds amazing
- 29 to July 6 - Venezuelan Week - lots of free events - (We went last year : Those very hospitable Vzlns are spending some oil money mostly aimed at showing how fantastic Dictator Chavez is)
- 3-6 July PLAY Air Con- Presented by the Instant Cafe Theatre, challenges and interrogates the hypocritical habit of turning youth into scapegoats in times of moral panic, about 2 schoolboys and a transvestite hooker in Kedah NOT FREE Mostly Malay
Online - bmwshorties.com.my Short Film Entrants
- - Malacca Portuguese Pesta San Pedro (festival) , begins 23 (Monday) with Festa San Juang on 24th and closes on 29th (Sunday) with 100,000 people at Festa San Pedro : Kristang songs, joget music, bright costumes and the blessing of fishermans boats. more http://asmaliana.com/blog/
- 16-20 September : Bolehman - Political Comedy @BSC
This Google Calendar tool is good you can select week/month or agenda view. You can also combine Calendars
SEE other Calendars ...Malaysia public Holidays, KL Couch Surfing
open 24 hours
Halal * cheap
Quiet Place in the centre of the City
Petaling St halfway down next to the Police Post around 12.50pm then runs out
Also 4th Floor in Sungei Wan Plaza Bukit B
The Hippiest Cafe in KL
Alternative and Art people Hangout
1Fl Central Mkt Annex
- MCG events -
- Fri 4th July Juice Bparty @Poppy nr KLCC free drinks for first 200 people from 9pm - wear stars & stripes
- 4-6 July Indie Youth Festival @ 1 Utama http://indieyouthfest.wordpress.com/ since it is presented by "Don't Panic which" is another Klue Magazine I think it will be the same presented by Dopplegangeras the above
- 11-12 July Ballet Fonteyn Studio Theatre, Balletbase presents two new works
Sat 12- Sun 13 July Traditional Dance Competition 8-10pm @Central Market Outdoor Stage
- A GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING, from Wed 16-sun 20 July to be staged at Lambang Sari, Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur - mostly sold out cheapest ticket 48Rm : pop, rock, folk, jazz and gospel hits;
- KL SING SONG 2008- July 18th-20th @KLPAC
- Saturday 19th July Wine Appreciation Workshop 3-5pm 50Rm South City Lifelong Learning Centre
- Play - The Unbearable Likeness of Being 3pm and 8pm 20 July, 25 (not 3pm) ,26,27--- New Era College in Kajang 20Rm, also very Chinese, but in English http://unbearablesweetness.blogspot.com/
- Thu - 26 Jul stage band competition - Finals: Cineleisure, Damansara KL 10am-12midnight www.mynightwish.net
- 6-17th August Play Festival - Short + Sweet
- I'm not a Big fan of classical music, but I see the MPO Orchestra are having some open rehearsals the day before some of their big performances so you can sit in a 95Rm seat and pay only 5Rm
- I see their program has other interesting events like a singing workshop, and a chance to dance Mozart's Macarena - see malaysianphilharmonic.com
They should Flippin label things properly -
- 1 I went to the supermarket and bought some chicken, but when I opened the tin I found it was full sardines ... it definitely said Ayam on the tin.
- 2 Then I bought some beer - it said Tiger on the packet, but when I open it I found it wasn't beer .. it was flippin biscuits
There are other things they don't label properly - 3 There is thing that looks like a car called a Proton, but when you drive it you find it's not a proper car after all ! .... (It's only a joke you happy proton drivers)
- 4 There is a party called the United Malays National Organisation, but then surely there are opposition Malay parties so surely that means the Malays are not united ?
- 5 How come they one thing they surely don't grow in Holland is Durian Belanda ?
seriously how come all the cheaper foods from condensed milk to tinned mackerel have palm oil on their list of ingredients ?
when this page is no longer updated, but KL Folk Musician : Peter Hassan Brown of lemang.com has his ear to the ground and produces an excellent monthly email of KL Hip events .. just email Peter
Below ..some KL Alternative Music Scene Info
|Also pop into the Central Mkt Annex where KL Punk hero : Joe Kidd runs The Ricecooker a resource centre for local bands. So he knows about lots of events see The Ricecooker Yahoo Group.
next door is KL's hippiest hangout : BAU BAU Caf? the guys there run Food Not Bombs and also know about local arts events.
Passion's Myspace site features the tracks Peter and Markiza did together for 2 Albums. Incuding ..Love And Music,and When Are You Coming Home
Peter Hassan Brown's Myspace site feature tracks from his 4 albums over the last 30 years ..track like the sing alongs : Better World and Hard to Dream
|You can hear some banging tracks on the Soft Touch Myspace site. Surely you will hear this music in a movie sometime.|
KL's Super Talented Satirical Musician : Rafique Rashid : either cleverly or cos of censorship never produces any Albums & never appears on TV so look out for him live .. you might somebootleg tracks somewhere on the web. Not many musicians "take the piss out of politics and life in Malaysia", they usully think it's safer to stick to traditional music.
|There maybe other shows like at Malaysia Tourism Centre in Jln Ampang ICOM Friday Musicshows will begin again next term - next to Jln Pahang Mcdonalds|
|HOME||Malaysia 2007 Index||TRAVEL INDEX||