Freestay Traveller's Networks Continued From Main Travel Tips Page
The Practice It is better, but also not as good as hotels
1. It can take a lot of planning to search through the profiles and make contact with people, but hotels are easy you just turn up
2. It can be free, but then you can spend a lot of money if the host likes expensive things
3. You can waste a lot of time staying with people, among other things hotels have good locations, hosts can be way in the suburbs.
4. It's difficult to find compatible hosts - most people seems to be into food, which I am not. Also most peoples profiles are not detailed enough to see if you are compatible or not..
5. When it works it can be great
|Other networking research - I tried to hook up with people through internet networking sites, but I didn't find great site. The marketing people have some annoying tricks. Seems difficult to connect with people. I guess I'll just have to meet people randomly.|
Some friendship networks
friendster.com 3000 people in Japan didn't find people in kyushu
myspace.com difficult to search.
they don't give details of peoples personalities when you do a search
- http://japan.tribe.net joined no people found
- https://www.orkut.com/Login.aspx by google
- http://www.multiply.com joined joined no people found
- http://www.meetup.com/about/ japan not big
- http://360.yahoo.com/ -- not very seachable by name
- http://www.skype.com/ free telephone
- MSN Spaces,
- full listing on yahooo
http://trust.mindswap.org/nets.html full details of providers