Around KK Index
(Back to Sabah Index)
People talked about alternative CS event in KK. One thing could be to be a UMS tour |
- It is an interesting campus with interesting buildings and settings.
- The Chancellory building with UMS museum and seaview cafeteria.
(there is a UMS Gallery but maybe it's closed)
- The Biology building with great seaview terrace
- It has a diorama of the UMS Hill hiking trails (circular trail)
- So you could then you could hike up the UMS Hill to the top
- The hilltop is 200m high and cleared, so has views all the way across to Tanjung Aru
- There is no shade . You'd need to take a sheet to tie to the tower.
- You could do a cleanup event..cleaning up the plastic bottles from the top of the hill.
- I wonder is there is a CSer who has a lab to show us ?
- There is the Aquarium & Marine Museum which anyone should visit before diving in Sabah, 10RM foreigner price
- There are a couple of waterfalls and there is the beach
.. Nice beach, since UMS is pretty Malay they perhaps don't let you wear bikinis etc
interesting aerial photos
- Here is a pic of the summit ..It takes 1 hour and the views are even better than Bukit Kokol
..it's good training for anyone going to Mount Kinabalu