1. Tamparuli : durian orchard +guesthouse http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=32779&network=9
2. Kuala Penyu Muslims interested in English http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=25742&network=9
3. 120km South of Kota Kinabalu, the hard Dutch people http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=9809&network=9
4. Beaufort Chili http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=9746&network=9
5. Kota Belud ..empty Host ID: 34706 no link
We need volunteers to help us doing general works for homestay development and promotion. In return, we provide free accommodation, meals and visit to places of interest around Kota Belud. Maximum duration of stay is five days.Extension of stay is negotiable and subject to room availability.
6. Kinabalu park. part of Lucy's http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=22740&network=9
7. Kalabakan, Tawau, Sabah, Malaysia. (Borneo) no link
8. guest house, in heart of Tawau
Greetings from "The Land Below The Wind" - Sabah, Malaysia's North Borneo. My name is Tina, a local of Kota Kinabalu,and my Australian husband Daniel have settled in a beautiful valley around 250 meters above sea level with our pets and we would like to invite you to experience rural living in the tropics.
Located approximately 40km North of Kota Kinabalu just an hour’s drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport. We live nearby a very peaceful village and our neighbour is about 1km away. The nearest town is Tamparuli which is around 5.5km from the property. Tamparuli town is situated along the way to UNESCO world heritage listed Mt Kinabalu National Park, the town is also well known for its big suspension foot bridge - there's even a popular song about it!... every Wednesday, indigenous farmers and traders gather at the "Tamu" where visitors come to shop for local produce, rural residents from the hills do their weekly shopping and meet up under the bright umbrellas and raintrees...it certainly is very colourful scene. Tuaran beach is roughly 20km from town and Kiulu white water rafting less than 20min away.
Our property is surrounded by rubber trees and secondary jungle. We are currently building up a 10acre fruit orchard, which primarily consists of the king of fruits durian. Other tropical fruit trees include; tarap, mango, rambutan, pineapples and many other fun things.july /august is fruit season for us.
We have finished construction of a guesthouse that will accomodate up to 10 people.we have just started running it for parties and events, and the accomodation is slowly coming into the business as our little enterprise progresses.
At the moment we need help with weeding, odd jobs and the usual gardening work such as watering,pruning and trimming thats never ending with 10 acres.we also need help domestically such as cleaning inside the guesthouse / basic food prep.
If you enjoy the heat, peace and outdoor work then our property is perfect exchange holiday for you!
2. Family of five with 3 children, 2 boys (23 & 21), but one of my boys still studies at peninsular Malaysia, and my elder son working in Hospital, and a girl (18)study in collage so, she not at home. Our house located at the East Malaysia, at Kuala Penyu Sabah, and if you like the beach, our house nearby the beautiful beach, you can swim everytime as you want. Preferred female single/two, married couples, or family, any ages. Accommodation and meals are provided. As you stay with us in the village, you are not authorized to swim at the beach with bikini-clad, you would be polite if you just dress singlet and shorts pants. We only accept those who respect the culture of the people of Malaysia and we always welcome those who are friendly.
Strictly no alcohol or drugs.
Kuala Penyu Sabah
Type of help
Help in the house,
The work is not hard because we mainly want to learn some basic foreign languages and cultures. you can help us cleaning inside and outside the house. Minimum stay of 3 weeks. We are expecting about 5 hours work in a day. Any month in a year is okey for us, since Malaysia is a tropical climate.
Malay, English and local language
You have your own private room in the house with bath/shower attached (no tub). We've wifi at home.
What else ...but if we have more than 3 Volunteers, maybe you should share a bedroom and bathroom.
Contact us for more details. We want to make friends with people from around the world especially from Europe. Please give us ample time by noticing us earlier of your coming dates.
All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 2.5
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 9809
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Trying to be self-sufficient as much as possible. This is not a commercial enterprise but a life style choice.
Located on the island of BORNEO
Free camping and prepared meals in exchange for your help to clear/clean, set-up an orchard and organic garden on an old abandoned beach side coconut plantation. See before and after pictures.
- No special skills required
- It's hard work
- If you are not accustomed to regular physical work and/or sports, you may find the tasks very challenging.
- Minimum stay 6 nights - Early departures will be asked to compensate for lost food.
- Limited availability of electricity, fees applies
- 5 to 6 hours daily work starting at 6am
- BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT not available locally
- If you are sick during your stay and can not help out, you will be asked to pay for the food
- Please write the password "PassionFruit" to indicate you have read our profile and agree with our conditions.
NOT FOR YOU IF
- You are allergic to animals and/or nuts.
- You are VEGETARIAN/VEGEN. We share our meals.
- You are not a morning person.
- You cannot do physical hard work.not
- You cannot deal with BUGS and outdoor living
- BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT not available locally.
- You cannot respect the minimum stay period.
- +/-2X2 meter tent
120km South of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Contact please send an email a week in advance we check emails once a week
4. I am a Chili grower in a small town called Beaufort in Sabah(formerly known as North Borneo), one of the Malaysian Borneo states. Beaufort town is about 100 km south of Kota Kinabalu (formerly Jesselton).
Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want to come to Beaufort :P. Besides the Proboscis monkeys, there aren't really any interesting attractions here. Unless you want to travel off the beaten tracks and get to know the real North Borneo underneath, it's people(not those people who put on their native costumes only for your benefit), culture, how they live in a multi-racial community, if you are into this stuff, sure you are welcome to my farm.
The farm is about 3 acres big. 50% of it is planted with Rambutan trees. Some durian trees and other fruit trees. These trees are seasonal, so if you're here at the right time, then you will get to sample some local fruits, freshly pluck.
The other 50% of the property, I'm in the process of propagating with Chili plants. Work mostly involve picking of Chilis, watering and weeding. Normally done in the morning.
You will be putting up at the farm house. I don't live there, so you have the whole house to yourself. I'll be around in daytime. There's no tv and no internet. There is a radio, electricity, refrigerator and stove for cooking(LPG gas). erh.. no water heater.
In your free time, you might want to visit Kuala Penyu, a town about 20km from Beaufort. It has one of the nicest beach in Sabah.
You may not want to come here if:
1) you are afraid of insects, especially flying ones,
2) if you are against the killing of any form of life. I do a lot of pest killing. Grasshoppers and white flies that infest my plants. Rats.. Mosquitoes, damn thing spread malaria and chikungunya do you know that?
3) if you are a vegetarian. Beaufort is not a vegetarian friendly town yet.
Follow my Instagram account Jsunamwong or Facebook page, search Borneo Tropics Bounty.
6. We are currently in the middle of developing an bed&breakfast/hostel and would like to invite you as a volunteer helper to come and stay with us and provide us your expertise and work.
Location: Kundasang, Sabah (North Borneo), Malaysia.
Direction: 1 km driving distance to Kinabalu National Park
Affiliates: Lucy Backpacker’s Lodge
Nature of work:
- 6 days per week (6 hours per day, sat 3 hours only)
- Minimum stay: 10 days
- Duties include: cleaning, helping to run our bed and breakfast and to work on all sorts of activities, like building, painting, gardening and cooking.
- Meals and lodging provided in return for volunteer help.
- Volunteers will be taught how to cook Malaysian cuisine by our team.
Our preferences for volunteers:
- Having an agricultural and horticultural background and/or
- Having experience in construction work
- Must be responsible and have a friendly disposition.
- Volunteers must be medically fit. Those with medical conditions such as asthma and high blood pressure are advised not to volunteer.
- Must be accustomed to high altitude as volunteers will be living and working at such an area.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any enquiries or would just like to express interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
7. Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 12701
Asiatic Organic Farm - welcomes you!
Location : Kalabakan, Tawau, Sabah, Malaysia. (Borneo)
Direction : 140 km from Tawau city.
Best pick up place : Tawau city - let us pick you up!
Main task :
*recent activities are:
1. Forest tree planting
2. Fruit orchard maintenance
3. Landscaping and painting
Volunteer opening time : Opened all the time and welcome volunteers around the world except African by the time being.
Working hours per day : 4-6 hours.
Minimum staying duration : 2 weeks or above.
8. We are a guest house, located at the heart of Tawau , conveniently near to every basic needs. For example, shopping mall, local food stands, central market, fast food outlets and the bus station. we have 16 rooms, and another 20 rooms on the 2nd floor for monthly tenant, as we are new, we urgently need 2 to 3 people to help us decorate our roof top, such as planting flowers, designing, and taking the earth from downstairs to the third level, cleaning the area and so forth. In return, we shall provide accommodation, rooms with mattress, pillows, ceiling fans but food is at your own expenses. you will be working for 5 hours, mostly decorating the rooftop area.