This page is an extension of page 69 Checking "Climate Bias" in BBC Radio output
- Anyway REAL WORLD CONFLICT OF INTEREST the reality is that Harrabin is moaning the BBC abounds with sceptics yet likely within the hour somewhere on the BBC an alarmist will pop up to hype climate change and the BBC will fail to mention that person is connected to GreenBiz/NGO. and this happens again &again and again during the month.
|Legal BBC Complaint part 1
|BBC Climate PR people know the first law of telling big fat lies .."First blatantly accuse the other side of doing exactly what you are about to do"..
Turns out that Feedback have form on using Activists
- Jan 2013 : furious about a new item : "Met Office row back on Global warming" Feedback constructed a report with 2 mins of Vox Pop including 2 people who are climate activists and then Julia Slingo head on Met Office (who is much more alarmist about Climate than most of that dep)
Paxman Opinions : + 28Gate
I have neither the learning nor the experience to know whether the doomsayers are right about the human causes of climate change. But I am willing to acknowledge that people who know a lot more than I do may be right when they claim that it is the consequence of our own behaviour.
I assume that this is why the BBC’s coverage of the issue abandoned the pretence of impartiality long ago. But it strikes me as very odd indeed that an organisation which affects such a high moral tone cannot be more environmentally responsible. [added emphasis]
Jeremy Paxman, Newsnight Homepage 02/02/2007
That is taken from apage which then does 28Gate analysis
"The BBC has held a high-level seminar with some of the best scientific experts, and has come to the view that the weight of evidence no longer justifies equal space being given to the opponents of the consensus [on anthropogenic climate change]."
From Seesaw to Wagon Wheel, Page 40
.. they mean the secret 28Gate Report which they spent millions in the courts trying to cover up
- The guy then explains about the long trial for info
Spectator : Curious environmental blogger Tony Newbery filed a Freedom of Information request to the Beeb to find out if these accusations were true by asking who were the 28 participants at this seminar. The BBC refused to release the information,
- The secret BBC list of the 28 members of the climate change seminar has now been found, at a public site, and exposed.
- Ironically after the court case was lost full list of the 28 was found
Public don't know the skeptics case
Someone might like to do a survey of the public
BBC coverage criticised for favouring #climate change sceptics
Survey Question 1 : Can you state the sceptics case on recent climate issues ? Yes/No
Survey Question 2 : Do you think the BBC gives too much time to climate sceptics ? Yes/No
- the answer for most people has to be No, no
Public or Activists
Sorry bit of politics, Vox pops with members of the public, who are not actually "just ordinary members" of the public.
- Shouldn't vested interests be declared ? Feedback 2 weeks ago had a Vox Pop in an item about whether climate skeptics should be banned from the BBC they did not include any skeptics; of the 3 people 1 was a owner of a green energy company .. I would have thought it was important to mention this. (I am surprised no-one botherered cos no-one tweeted about it cept me)
- But then Feedback in January it was the same in an item about skeptics the 2 people in the Vox-pop were from climate-activist orgs, but this was not mentioned.
- add on that Chris Huhne is always on the radio talking about Climate and today on Y&Y was the first time that they mentioned that since prison he has been employed on a mega salary for a green energy corp.
Harrabin - LinkedIn : Conference facilitator (seems for enviro & energy stuff ..watermeetsmoney.com etc.)
|from scottishsceptic BBC up to their old tricks
- Two big weather stories in the southern hemisphere. One of unusual warming and one of unusual cooling. The BBC only covers one with only minor trimming of the feathers of the bird brained journalists who always try to infer such events were caused by global warming:
- Australian bushfires fan global warming debate
But I cannot find any mention at all of a similar story about excessive cold in Chile:
Global warming? Chile hit with worst cold spell in 80 years
Same old BBC: Hot so pro-warming is news, but cold so anti-warming is not. And they wonder why we want to stop the BBC tax.
- The problem with the BBC is that they know they have to stop the obvious bias of their journalists who wanted to blame any unusual weather on global warming. So they no longer say “global warming caused”, but instead “could global warming have caused”. But that is a long long way from being impartial, and giving equal weight to cold as well as heat and equal prominence to news that contradicts the global warming scare as that which could support it.
Feedback in January
Feedback has form at giving free rides to activists. In Jan Met said "Met office says Global warming won't be as severe as they first predicted"|
Climate Campaign @campaigncc 14 Jan 2013
CCC's @HilaryGander featured in the BBC Feedback piece - shows listener complaints can have an impact! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013n3z4
They were given 2 mins to explain their case
- RB : "Just some of the LISTENERS .." Rog you deceptive b*stard ! "normal vox pop", was it ? why didn't you say at least one was from an full time activist org (@campaigncc Campaign against Climate Change mobilises people across the UK and works globally for international climate mobilisations UK · campaigncc.org )
RB : "now over to Julia Slingo" given 3 mins to lobby
- hangon Feedback is made by Testbed Productions .. Nick Baker co founder of Testbed Productions, produces most of the Tom Heap's programmes ..so guess he know a lot of dramagreens
- So when Feedback does a Climate story voxpop are they really the public or people Nick baker already knows ?
RESPECT to BBC depts with integrity
That submission shows that there are some people at the BBC who have some integrity, who know what values should be and aren't going to roll over to a bunch of bullying activists in cahoots with the oldboys with fingers in the green energy subsidy pie.
BBC Editorial Guidelines (www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines) set out numerous considerations for content producers. To ensure our audience is clear about the background and expertise of interviewees on news programmes, content providers must abide by the following guidelines: We should normally identify on-air and online sources of information and significant contributors, and provide their credentials, so that our audiences can judge their status.*
We should not automatically assume that contributors from other organisations (such as academics, journalists, researchers and representatives of charities) are unbiased and we may need to make it clear to the audience when contributors are associated with a particular viewpoint **, if it is not apparent from their contribution or from the context in which their contribution is made.
* ** pity frequently these rules are not obeyed e.g. 3 recent editions of Feedback
A Course called ‘Reporting Science’
Extensive discussion with scientists and the scientific community took place during the preparation of the course material. Most notably, we spent an afternoon with the President of the Royal Society and Nobel Laureate, Sir Paul Nurse, and interviewed him about science reporting, how science works, pitfalls and opportunities and so on.
(but he's a clueless activist !)
also This is recognised in the Editorial Guidelines, which say “Accuracy is not simply a matter of getting facts right. If an issue is controversial, relevant opinions as well as facts may need to be considered. When necessary, all the relevant facts and information should also be weighed to get at the Truth” (Section 3: Accuracy).
BBC Radio You and Yours,
goes to expert on the green deal ....Guess who ? Chriminal Chris Huhne
- proving BBC recruit "experts" from their own coctail party
- At least presenter was firm and started by mentioing he works for green energy corp
Culled from Twitter
- I actually agree with Huhne if there is one subsidy it should be to fixbad insulation, but plan was badly implemented. Deliberately ? (after Huhne left it)
- Vicky price on @BBCWomansHour and Chris Huhne on #youandyours Is this acceptable use of licence fee? NO. #excons
- Chris Huhne a spokesman for an energy company doesn't think an energy company windfall tax is a good idea. Who knew? #youandyours
- What a bloody joke both Vicky Pryce and Chris Huhne on Radio 4 today and Huhne in the Guardian. Guess the media look after their dodgy mates
- he moaned it should be installed at point between moving house .. but surely marketing ideas like that should be left to corps that benefit from the subsidy.
BBC Newsnighted edited Climate Alarmism in
- BBC Edits in Climate Alarmism into Obama speech
.. a Newsnight viewer realised the video of Obama speech seemed to be more climate alarmist than the actual text turned out the BBC Newsnight editors had carefully moved around bits of the speech without telling the viwers
- Splicegate : Warming up Obama at the BBC - what Newsnight's editor has to say
You know the BBC motto ...?
"We Never admit a mistake, we just bluster on"