Clive James on Brian Coxes science show
- Incredible in a Telegraph article Clive James points out Cox shows the rules for science, then excempts climate science from science rules. Then there ias a massive backlash of namecalling from Coxes friend like Simon Singh and Jim Alkaleli
So we have in 2013 Greens are not Green, Science Skeptics are not Skeptical and Scientists are not scientific (* appply the word most/many in front of each category)
- seems "fear goggles" cause them to think too fast and rush to conclusions
- I think eSmiff is entitled to be firm about Tamsin ..all too often we let the warmists do all the shouting when actually it is important for us to express anger ..it matters !
Another Clive James article
That 2009 Clive James article is brilliant .. if the media had allowed other such plain speaking articles instead of suppressing them then the world would be a better place.
- Why have I never seen it before ? I post it here cos it deserves a wider audience
"eminence based science"
= "scientists say" or "97% consensus says" = "4th class science"
- Franz Hoffman explains |
In medicine we have a system called "evidence based medicine". You have 4 levels of validity starting with level1, which means that there are many randomized controlled studies existing for a therapy.
Lowest level is 4b, the opinion of experts.
This level is ironically called "eminence based medicine".
I think "eminence based science" could be a correct classification for the unproven "95% consensus".
No, it is even below that level.
And, remember the Hockey Stick? Wasn't there a nearly 100% consensus of the so called experts?
Bloom : Media misled to Monster him
an illustration of how UK media work
Previously I never particularly liked Godfrey Bloom or UKIP
and I hear in the media "Godfrey Bloom has lost the party whip for calling women 'sluts' at the party's conference."
and I said "outrageous quite right he should be fired."
..but why didn't the media play the actual clip ? what exactly did he say ..it took me 2 weeks to get around to checking.
- When I check he said something different from what the media implied Audio
After two female UKIP members joked they did not clean behind the fridge, Mr Bloom admits he quipped: "This place is full of sluts.""I made a joke and said 'oh well, you're all sluts'
- He clearly used in the old fashioned way as in "untidy woman", knowing it can be taken as a double entendre. OK young people don't know the old meaning. But clearly everyone in the room did, cos they all laughed and moved on. Media professionals must also known, but don't seem to have made any attempt to explain to their punters ..but rather took it as a chance to "monster" Bloom. I have to say that is pretty dishonest and shows how media people are willing to routinely deceive their punters.
Oreskes : DramaQueen bad science
@Capell That is a brilliant piece of info that you can tell the quality of Oreskes scientific understanding by the fundamental simple errors that they list in their own MOD errata after the book was published.
- Oreskes sales ? Almost every local library has a shelf "Green-Reality reading" sponsored by Big Oil , and every university ecology/enviropment dept buys lots of skeptic books (NOT)
- In the real world due to the power of Big Green the reverse is the case so they'll be maybe more Oreskes books bought than read.
Actually I did notice our library has 1 copy of Christopher's Book "The Real Global Warming Disaster" You might like to put in a request that your local library to buy one of the Bishop books : Andrew Montford's books.
- The green Living Shelf should be relabelled GreenDream & Drama Queening