Super powerful funder of the Global Warming Hype Machine says they are losing |
cos of Powerful Funders schewing the debate
- Eric Schmidt was just on BBC Radio 4
"Yes when it come to Climate Change we have this vast machine of paid deniers just like Big Tobacco" (I paraphrase)
- Eric freaking put-up or shut-up - where is the EVIDENCE of this ?
- Anybody been paid to do a peer reviewed paper into the claim ?
- No one one has ever shown any credible evidence of this wild claim ..but there is evidence warmists spend masses more money. $1.3bn /year budget of the top 4 multinational eco-activist “charities”
- Tory Aardvark Points out biases in Google Autosuggest - It won't suggest Climategate without suggesting "Climategate debunked" at the same time
- Google’s Schmidt would bring climate activism to Obama admin
- Article saying During the election campaign Schimdt was always by obama's side
- 2011 WUWT story on Google taking sides the story of 21 Paid Google Climate Scholars paid to do PR rather than research :
- "you can't be both a gatekeeper & political/scientific advocate at the same time"
- "You hold too much dangerous knowledge to be a player in any political/scientific dogfight, or any other fight. You not only need to BE neutral. You need to SEEN TO BE neutral."
- So hang on Google has put big money into Global Warming PR - so yet again that's PROJECTION as their main accusation of the opposition comes from what they ACTUALLY do themselves 100 times bigger.
- OK he didn't push it too much , it was just a throwaway line, and you have to give Google credit for seeming to be a bastion of Free Speech otherwise, and sticking up to repressive governments, but that still doesn't ecuse their immoral Mafia like tax policy ..I would nevr willingly buy anything from them ..time to start using BING
|Big Oil vs Bigger Green $$
- In checking on Wendy Schmidt I found a commenter on John Cook's book about "The Big Denier Machine" put forward some interesting stats on Green $$ for Lobbying
- "California’s Proposition 23 was defeated by well meaning, honest, better than me folks who spent as such…
Thomas Steyer — $5,049,000
National Wildlife Foundation — $3,000,000
L. John & Ann Doerr — $2,000,000
Sierra Club — $1,260,890
The League of Conservation Voters — $1,250,000
Vinod Khosla — $1,037,267
Gordon Moore — $1,000,000
James Cameron — $1,000,000
Robert J. Fisher — $1,000,000
ClimateWorks Foundation — $900,000
The Nature Conservancy — $800,000
Bill Gates — $700,000
Claire Perry — $500,000
Green Tech Action Fund — $500,000
John P. Morgridge — $500,000
Julian H. Robertson Jr. — $500,000
Wendy Schmidt — $500,000
Thats $21,000,000. to defeat 1 Californian proposition. By YOUR OWN NUMBERS “Koch Industries spent $49.5 million on oil and gas lobbying over 5 years (from January 2006 to December 2010). During this period in the oil and gas sector, Koch Industries was outspent only by Exxon Mobil ($100.3 million), Chevron ($63.2 million) and ConocoPhillips ($52.2 million). That’s $ 256.2 Million for general lobbying.” Exxon spent $20,060,000 per annum on general lobbying.
These folk outspent Exxon’s yearly budget to defeat 1 proposition. Would a situation like that even be noticed by you or do you dismiss it as justified?"
- Oil industry tax : "So the total taxes and royalties paid on oil and gas from concept to consumer in 2006 from this so-called “subsidized” industry was at least $50 billion.”"
|a "Google Truth"
- yes that's a "Google Truth" (something which may not be true, but we never get to see any doubt cos Google censors out any "rogue" ideas
- I guess Google in that case with the BBC, ABC and the Guardian also to give us an alternative reality
page with the Eric creepy video montage His wife worth$6.9bm She became involved with two nonprofits related to climate change, Climate Central and the 11th Hour Project and on the board of NRDC eco charity"
"apparent profitability of Fisker cars "
- "Fisker hasn't built a vehicle since July 2012"
They lost $557,000 for every car sold, The government gave them a $529m loan facility and withdrew it (but kept secret about that for 8 months) eventually (after losing $192m) after Fisker broke the rules. (since then they recovered $21m from Fisker's bank account)
- since I never take things at face value I went to Google News and typed in "Fisker"
- "Problem is, Fisker is sinking faster than "American Idol" ratings. Lutz said earlier this month that a Fisker bankruptcy wouldn't affect VL's"
- "Henrik Fisker teams up with Chinese billionaire to buy Fisker ..for $20m." .. So the outstanding government loan is $192-121=$171m so the government will lose $151m total
I wouldn't call GunandGame a great news source, but the guy gives a clear concise account or Reuters Also
Would you drive something that has Been Exempted From Safety Standards ?
Interesting comment from KAISEROWNER
- The Obama Administration allowed the Karma to be brought into this country and sold retail even though the car does NOT meet current safety requirements. There is a disclaimer on each new Karma (along with the traditional window sticker) saying that the car does not meet standards but has a GOVERNMENT EXEMPTION that makes it legal to sell the car. The exemption number is 001"
..are we saying that threw eco-laws eco subsidies Obama is forcing drivers into cars which don't meet safety standards ..who will be the first "Obama victim" ?
Ah it was Tesla that made a "profit" by selling Mandated emmission credits
so $$ are from Honda buyers + about $10,000 taxpayer rebate per car
It reported a quarter profit in April (After 10 Years in the Business)
- "Finally at least one green energy company wasn’t drinking the blood of taxpayers in its corporate offices and was actually making money selling things. It was the dawn of a new age."
Except it wasn’t.
- They reported a profit, stock soared so they issued $1bn shares and so paid back the gov loan
- "BUT Tesla didn’t generate a profit by selling sexy cars, but rather by selling sleazy emissions “credits,” mandated by the state of California’s electric vehicle requirements. The competition, like Honda, doesn’t have a mass market plug-in to meet the mandate and therefore must buy the credits from Tesla, the only company that does. The bill for last quarter was $68 million.
"As the company sold 5,000 cars in the quarter, though, $13,600 per car was paid by other manufacturers, who are going to pass at least some of that cost on to buyers of their products."
ah something important " $7500 taxback bonus that every buyer gets and every taxpayer pays plus generous state subsidies ($2500 in California, $4000 in Illinois etc.)"
so if Tesla closed every taxpayer would be richer
List of Obama Eco-Subsidy Failures
from another blog commenter|
Look NOT all of them have filed for bankruptcy, only the ones marked *
1. Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
2. SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
3. Solyndra ($535 million)*
4. Beacon Power ($43 million)*
5. Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
6. SunPower ($1.2 billion)
7. First Solar ($1.46 billion)
8. Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
9. EnerDel's subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
10. Amonix ($5.9 million)
11. Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
12. Abound Solar ($400 million)*
13. A123 Systems ($279 million)*
14. Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
15. Johnson Controls ($299 million)
16. Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
17. ECOtality ($126.2 million)
18. Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
19. Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
20. Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
21. Olsen's Crop Service and Olsen's
.....Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
22. Range Fuels ($80 million)*
23. Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
24. Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
25. Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
26. GreenVolts ($500,000)
27. Vestas ($50 million)
28. LG Chem's subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
29. Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
30. Navistar ($39 million)
31. Satcon ($3 million)*
32. Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*