- See the report of the new study absolutely confirming Global Warming March 7th : The new hockey stick showing for 11,400 years temperatures have been flat, but in the last 100 years suddenly temperatures have increased
* then look at the UPDATE at the very bottom issued March 31st as a result of a note added to the study over the Easter holiday weekend.
". . . the 20th century portion of our paleotemperature stack is not statistically robust, cannot be considered representative of global temperature changes . . ."
- This is flaming typical of Climate science reporting ..Most scientists stay in the lab saying "we don't know", and the media darling scientist/activists come out with a new reports often usurping the scientific process by going straight to the media. The BBC, ABC ..Guardian trumpets it with large headlines. Then after 1 month skeptical bloggers find significant errors in the report, but too late the meme has escaped into the public sphere.
- This happens time and time again, even with such news like : Death Threats Stories" ANU scientist targetted with death threats", which finally turned out not to be true. There were no death threat emails the ANU could present to the authorities : joannenova.com
...When it comes to Climate Change it's : "New Science report says" ..... oops no it doesn't
- Financial Post dissects the story :
"In recent years there have been a number of cases in which high-profile papers from climate scientists turned out, on close inspection, to rely on unseemly tricks, fudges and/or misleading analyses."
- We’re screwed ..We’re not screwed (?)
- A Climate Scientist professor commenting on that media trumpeted paper which turned out to be a PhD thesis