|someone's summary of PG/Heartland
QUOTE : "In this upside down world, Heartland are the ones trying to start a science debate on a shoestring budget, while the establishment scientists, with - "10,000 times the funding, debate whether they should steal things instead.
- The so-called “hero” scientists hurl names and unscientific ad-homs in lieu of evidence and reason."
- yes SPIN is the backstory; a green public relations agency created the whole lying narrative then wrapped it up in emotion with loaded words "denier" & the new one "Anti-science agenda" and served it up to people of a dogma group, who love it as it confirms what they already believe.
- It worked very well press release & the green blogosphere cut & pasted it everywhere. And the useful idiot press like Guardian & BBC Environment pages compliantly posted it as well.
- A proper skeptical-science blog pasted it & when I suggested delicately that they should apply some critical thinking. The Scientific blogger replied with a bizarre volley of aggression saying "denier" "propaganda" "troll"
- Those 1000s of green blogs who don't even question that PR, They've just gone straight on to arguments about whether it's OK to use fraud to expose the truth ... but the point is the story is NOT true ..Heartland are opening up the debate; the greens are the ones closing down.
- outside the green bubble ..people say "A Climate scientist published something deceptive ...what's new ?" but still BBC & Guardian et have clout
|97 % : And The Sample size was ?
- "Shut up you denier, don't you know that 97% of climate scientists think that global warming is ‘significantly’ due to human activity"
- And The Sample size was ?
- go on take a guess
- 77 ....99.25% didn't reply ..They asked 10,257 earth scientists and only 77 chose to answer the online survey (yes, only 77). 75 of those “climate scientists” agreed with the survey’s two questions (yes, only 2 questions). more detaila
- 31,000 science graduates have signed peition against petitionproject.org
only 9,000 have PHDs
- When the government is giving you money, you better come up with the answer they want. This is commonly referred to as decision based science making.
|Blokes who sussed PG
Quote : I emailed @PeterGleick to ask if he faked the Heartland document, no reply yet. I offered to publish his confirmation or denial on my blog.
- the smoking gun was the "forged" document contained the phrase “anti-climate”
- If you want to look for the author of the fake memo, then look for somebody who tweets the word “anti-climate”. you’ll find it. Look for somebody on the west coast ( the time zone the document was scanned in)
- You’ll find somebody who doesnt know how to use parenthesis or commas, both in this memo and in other things he has written.
- you’ll find he mentions himself in the memo
- that’s all the clues for now. of course its all just speculation. Note, he’s not tweeted for a couple days. very rare for him.
- Another Quote :
I have some speculation on the writer of the document.
1. West coast time zone.
2. trashes Curry and revkin, known adversaries
3. Uses a very strange word (anti-climate) in the document
and in his tweets
4. uses parenthesis in a very odd way when he doesnt know
how to punctuate sentences. in the document and in
his letter to Pielke.
5. glorifies himself in the document.
6. prior history of making phony statements
Its not proof of course, just a speculation, kinda like Mann speculating that Steve mcIntyre had something to do with the leak. which nobody objected to.
|Quick summary of PG telling the story
|even more upside down world
- Peter Gleick - "I've got these secret documents that show Heartland a right wing think tank the evil deniers have a secret agenda to flood US schools with “climate denier” material.
have a press release"
- "and what do you do ?"
PG - "ah well 5 weeks ago I started a job writing "climate change" education material" on Jan13th for NCSE left wing think tank , so we are fund raising for it .. you can see the Jan 13th website...it repeats most of the phrases in the press release I just gave you"
- Cer-chink ..
PG- "oh dear, I've just resigned from that job. Apparently the fact I'm involved in stolen & faked documents might effect the fund-raising. Thank god my green blog mates are still piling on the NCSE fund-raising blog posts slagging Heartland, but keeping my name out of it"
- "you won't get away with it"
- "Well actually it's not even a new idea. My mates have pulled exactly the same double flip scam in the past .."
So are the ones fundraising to put their "Climate Change" classes into schools ?
|Source-Checking NCSE : loss 30%/year latest records
Annual Revenue & Expenses
Fiscal Year Starting: Jan 01, 2009
Fiscal Year Ending: Dec 31, 2009
Total Revenue $2,146,974
Total Expenses $2,824,856
|Debunk of the theory that the faked document only conirms stuff in the other documents
QUOTE : February 16th, 2012 at 1:34 pm
For those claiming that the “Strategy” doc only collates material found elsewhere in the documents and confirmed by other involved sources (e.g. Watts and Wojick), perhaps they can point to where in the other documents or which of those same other involved sources I can find confirmation of the following excerpts (all the italicised and the bolded text in particular)(all formatting mine):
1st paragraph (re: The Charles G. Koch Foundation):
“…. and gain access to their network of philanthropists, if our focus continues to align with their interests. Other contributions will be pursued for this work, especially from corporations whose interests are threatened by climate policies.”
2nd paragraph (re: Global Warming for K-12 Classrooms):
“two key points that are effective at dissuading teachers from teaching science”
3rd paragraph (re: Funding for parallel organisations):
“Heartland is part of a growing network of groups working the climate issues, some of which we support financially. We will seek additional partnerships in 2012. At present we sponsor the NIPCC to undermine the official United Nation’s IPCC reports”
4th paragraph (re: Funding for selected individuals outside of Heartland):
“Our current budget includes funding for high-profile individuals who regularly and publicly counter the alarmist AGW message. At the moment, this funding goes primarily to Craig Idso ($11,600 per month), Fred Singer ($5,000 per month, plus expenses), Robert Carter ($1,667 per month), and a number of other individuals, but we will consider expanding it, if funding can be found.”
5th paragraph (re: Expanded climate communications):
The whole of this paragraph!
- They can't be found therefore they aren't true
|Monbiot : rule by riot
- George Monbiot is on the radio showing he is anti-democratic, he's encouraging peole to take direct action & occupy during the olympics, why is he not telling them to get elected ?
- Bullies don't have the right to dictate government policy by occupying & taking direct action.
- ever noticed how people accusing actually have the same characterisitics themselves "you think you know everything", "you shout"
|Easy test for extraordinary News Stories
- Doubtful fact check 101 : news stories "too bad/good to be true" are usually clever PR agency written spin