- The green movement left me by going off on a total tangent on climate change now the skeptical movement is doing the same things , going off on a tangent away from reason as it too becomes climate change crusaders.
- The "extreme left" hijacked the green movement, now they have hijacked the Scientific Skeptic movement
- Hey Steve Novella, Phil Plait, the Skepchicks, Simon Singh and all the bubble intellectuals there is an ELEPHANT in THE ROOM : the temperature hasn't gone up anything like the IPCC models predicted.... who are the DENIERS ?
- Consider this from David Hume (18th C philosopher)
- When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities.
- US Intellectuals living in bubble & feeling emotional : As I have discussed before there is "True Believer" psychological behaviour about CACC from people rational about everything else. There has to be a way to let these people come back to reason instead of digging themselves further and further into irrationality ..like norrmal "true believers" do in other matters.
- US Intellectuals : come on snap out of your bubble ! : Have you ever been to a different country & been surprised how different it is to what you expected ? of course you have
So isn't it possibe the Climate thing could be the same and turn out totally different from what you expected ? Well I appeal to you to start imagining that ..come up with a plan B if the temperature doesn't appear to be going into run away catastrophe in 10 years time. Don't get wedded to something you can't defend and hence damage the skeptic movement and science.
Consensus ? Remember : there used to be a consensus that the Earth is flat
- We test hypothesis against observations ..what do you reckon about observations since since 1998 ?
Surely certainty should be higher now cos we have 13 years more data and CO2 has increased by 20%
The mantra is .."if CO2 doubles ..certain disaster".. but a 20% increase has produced no increase in temperature" then is 80% more really sure to cause a disaster .. Climate bets anyone ?
- no one said in 1998 "this is an extraordinary peak and it will plateau"