as ever this is not finished to be flippant takes a second but to explain fully takes a long time.
- It's just another example of how the world is nuts ..There is a complex issue we don't fully understand ..and as ever people who understand the least go for the most extreme possibility and drive others into panic. "The world is going to end and we have to do something".
- if solar and wind really worked then the large corporations would be right in there building like crazy in places where there is no subsidy. ..when something really works like cellphone technology or the internet no subsidy is needed.
- Non sexy solutions are far more effective - Government statistics have always shown every pound spent on insulation does reduces CO2 far more than evry pound
Saving pollution by insulation is 55 times more cost-effective than saving it by wind turbines! (*Source: Pilkington Insulation, UK Mineral Wool Association) ..tuning a dirty power station in China
I note info on Which magazine is terrible ..plugging discredited microwinturbines etc
- What do you call it when you disagree with someone, but can see their own methods are counterproductive.
- more effective to cut at the use end than the production end ..1. cut population increases 2. cut consumerism
- They claim there is little point putting wind farms up in hospitals when they are providing energy that will be wasted in badly-insulated buildings, our correspondent said.
- Every pound spent on improving insulation & drafts will save3 or 4 on heating systems & running costs.. simply every ppound spen on consumer products is more CO2 generated
- Ridiculous situation a 5 % saving at the generation end just goes through the roof due to bad insulation at the home
very few UK houses have shutters
- The phenomenon of green maths .. the problem will be the worst imaginable and the solutions will be the most optimistic possible and even when tested and proved inefficint they move into denial and confirmation bias.
- Claim that fossil fuel is subsidized ..of course there maybe examples, when there is corruption between politicians and their business mates.. but on the whole governments don't throw money away.
- Barely useful and often Counterproductive
It's one thing for people to impose their views, but then when the actions are counterproductive to their own aims it's ridiculous.
- History's job is to teach us actions have consequences.