Climate Change Quiz
Headlines about towns disappearing under 70m of water and all you need to do about it is buy an energy efficient light bulb and switch the TV off instead of leaving it on standby. Is that right ?
The public need some clear scientific information. There's nothing more complicated than climate science, then factor in politics, statistical games and word games. I have never seen so much disinformation and confusion. I couldn't find an ideal site on the net so I made my own pages, and I think you can get all the essential points from this little quiz.... please check it and say what you think
Put the mouse pointer over the picture to check your answer
- How many scientists think average global temperature has consistantly risen in the last 100 years ?
- Were average global temperatures consistantly rising 200 years ago ?
- 200 years ago was the planet warmer than it ever has been since the Ice Age ?
- What's the difference between temperature pattern 200 years ago and today ?
- How many scientists think levels of atmospheric CO2 have risen in the last 100 years ?
- What's the most active greehouse gas by far ?
- How likely is it that extra warming has been caused by manmade CO2 ?
- Less than 15,000 scientists believe that manmade CO2 is NOT the major cause of current climate pattern. True or False
- The more CO2 the more the temperature will rise ? True or False
- Are the CO2 emission figures accurate ?
- How much will the sea rise if we stopped burning carbon completely in 10 years time. 20 years time ?
- How can we tell that scientists are not completely convinced there will be a catastrophe ?
- Do most scientists think it's been oversold ?
- Are some people making 2 + 2 = 7 ?
- Are there are measurable effects of manmade CO2 on the weather ?
- Give 5 reasons why you should have a low carbon footprint anyway ?
- What's causes most of your own personal CO2 footprint ? transport, home energy or consumerism
- You can't go wrong by planting lots and lots of trees ?
- Carbon Credits will really solve the problem ?
- Using Biofuels for heat to transport increases CO2 a little bit ?
- Glaciers, is it natural that some melt in one part of the world while some grow in other parts of the world ?
- What is the main organisation backing the manmade CO2 causes global warming hypothesis ?
- Official figures say the average global temperature between 100 years ago and these days has risen by as little as ___ and as much as ___ ?
- Extra Question - Was there a scare about global cooling 30 years ago ?
- What worries me is not that CC can be proved wrong, but that there is too much of "1. Of course it's the number one priority and 2. of course it will be a disaster"
- And no time to explain a better understanding of scientific principles : double blind trials, peer level review
what is an absolute proof, what is concensus etc
- Assumptions are dangerous things, so media people don't be afraid to show us the clear scientific evidence.
Page with answers
You can read much more information in my 6 pages of full Climate Change notes