- Science is a framework for making sense of the world from data. It is special as it changes and evolves with time.
- Religion is not like this it is centralised around dogma
.. Religion is very bad, cos it sets a precedent of encouraging us to stop using logic and "Just Accept".. it teaches children to stop thinking for themselves, questioning and using logic.
indeed it harms society by setting a precedent about thinking "like that everything is sorted and we don't have to say 'we don't know' "
- Skeptism - is part of the scientific process i.e. things are often not what they first seem and that ideas should not be accepted until they have been thoroughly tested. The Skeptic movement acts as a kind of police pointing out errors in acceptn the boundary between the science movement and the general public. So it tends to focus on dispelling myths about the paranormal and consumer deception.
- Thinking - Beyond science there are processes whereby which we can make best sense of evidence.
- Ideas are connected to thinking. By looking at things in new and alternative ways we come up with better ideas to improve the world.
- Climate Change Skeptism - There is so much rubbish talked about Global warming, it like all science needs to be analysed in a skeptical way and when you do you find a different picture to that which is portrayed in the popular media.
|My Thinking and Logic Pages