- They expect their sons and daughters to go from nothing to full sex in one day ! ..That's perverse Yet many radical people in many religions think they are the guardians of morality.
- They deny their sons and daughters from contact with the opposite sex. Many have never have to have touched a member of the opposite sex in their whole life, and in some cases never even seen their partner before yet they expect them to perform that night without the form of the natural gradual learning experience. Surely that's disgusting, it's rape
- If they are to be so overprotective of their daughters, they should ensure their is no social pressure for sex, before they have built up a relationship with their husband and feel comfortable with him. While arranged marriage is a traditional practice which may sometimes be OK there has to be some safety valves. A woman should be able to say :"I've tried to like this guy for 6 months, but I don't want to have sex with him." Whether a couple have sex on the first night, of after 1 months or after 6 months is nobody's business except their own
as long as they are BOTH comfortable with it.
- e.g 1. If a poor family marry their young daughter to an old ugly, but rich guy
and she doesn't feel anything for him, by setting up the marriage and by failing to provide any escape route those people involved are guilty of aiding and abetting a rape.
- e.g. 2. If there are 2 sisters :
- "A" had a boyfriend from 18-20 another from 21-25 at 26 she met her new boyfriend now a 28 she lives with him.
- Her sister B has never spoken to a man she married Mr X. Being a good wife she helps him in his work as an utterly corrupt politician. Who is the moral one ?
- I don't know why I am surprised, the sacredness religion awards itself provides a framework for many logically immoral actions, like violence against other people of other religions, honour crimes etc.