had article: about using tool libraries etc you can hire a Watt meter from the public library -
- 2002-2006 Internet industry CO2 doubled
- server farm reported 1.5% of US from EPA other rep from UK ECO charity Global Action Plan ..I checked based on extrapolation of extrapolation "Oh my God look the internet industry's CO2 could double" Hello 1% to 2% what about the other 98% of energy use you F-wits ?
- If you take people out of Scotland and put them in a warmer cimate and put pc server farms there then maybe you'd save CO2
- As normal the muggles have no sense of maths perspective- you are putting in 300W of eco lightbulb meanwhile your Vietnamese gangster neighbours have 30,000W of floodlights on their indoor marijuana farm. (This is common in Canada apparently)
- They banged on about vampire power in all originates in research from the professor heading California's energy saving. He came out a few years with research saying vampire power is 5%
- 1. it is suspiciously high
- 2 his second report saying it's 10%, which again is suspicious cos he's saying the first time he understimated by 50%
- 3 what about the other 90% ?
- 4 Look wasted energy just doesn't disappear most of it would be turned to heat and if it was that huge you'd notice your house getting hotter.
- The 0.45W standby power maximum I thought FDA regulations requirements meant all devices must have a maximum standby of 0.45W actually I see I was wrong. That's their requirement for Energystar 1 rating which entitles the manufacture to put the Energystar sticker on yet many devices do have that sticker I think. (PC monitors etc)